We know how wait times can be when talking with insurance. Here’s how to make the most of your call.
Before you make an appointment, you’ll want to find out if your plan covers fertility. Waiting on hold with your insurance provider is never fun, so be sure to ask the following questions when you speak with them.
- What coverage is available for fertility treatment in my plan? Specifically ask about: diagnosis coverage, blood work, office visits, hysterosalpingogram (HSG), IVF, and semen analysis.
- Is a prior authorization needed for treatment?
- Do I need to obtain a referral from my ob-gyn or primary care physician before my first appointment with Brown Fertility?
- Does my plan cover the cost of medications?
- What is my annual lifetime maximum benefit for infertility treatment?