Need some questions to get you thinking about your appointment?
To help you make the most of your IVF consultation appointment, we have compiled a list of some of the most essential IVF consultation questions you will want to ask. Of course, these aren’t exhaustive, but they are a great start to learning about this treatment option and feeling more confident moving forward with your cycle.
- What are Brown Fertility’s qualifications? Are your physicians’ board-certified Reproductive Endocrinologists (REI’s)?
- What are your success rates for my age range and type of IVF cycle I am going through?
- Is my IVF treatment and protocol tailored to me and my individual needs?
- What are the steps in the IVF process?
- What kind of medication protocol and schedule will I have and what are some of the potential side effects? Will I need to go on birth control?
- How often will I come in for monitoring?
- Are there any vitamins or supplements that you would recommend I take? Are there any I should stop taking, and at what point in my cycle would you recommend me doing so?
- Are there any recommended dietary changes?
- How many eggs do you hope to retrieve?
- Do you recommend bed rest after either my egg retrieval or transfer?
- How many embryos will be transferred and what is my risk for multiples?
- Will this transfer be on day 3 or day 5?
- Will my transfer be fresh or frozen?
- What are my options for unused embryos and where are these stored?
- In our case, would you recommend that we have genetic testing done?
- Will there be someone I can contact with questions throughout process?
- Do you or could you recommend a counselor to help guide us through the emotions of this process?
- When do we start?