Affording Infertility Treatment & Your Options
For those struggling with infertility, many look to their insurance as a way to bear some of the cost. Insurance plans can vary greatly in what they cover and what they require for coverage as every state is different. At this time, Florida does not have any state laws that require insurance companies to cover infertility treatments as part of their plans. Although coverage isn’t mandatory, your plan may cover certain aspects of your fertility treatment. It is important to do your research to see what your plan covers in terms of diagnostics and treatment before choosing a fertility clinic.
Helpful questions to ask your insurance provider:
- What coverage is available for infertility treatment in my plan?
- Diagnosis coverage
- Blood work
- Office visits
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- Semen Analysis
- Is a prior authorization needed for treatment?
- Do I need to obtain a referral from my referring doctor before my first appointment with Brown Fertility?
- Does my plan cover the cost of medications?
- What is my annual of lifetime maximum benefit for infertility treatment?
“What can I expect if I am a cash payer?”
If your insurance plan does not offer any fertility coverage, our team will help you explore your financial options. At Brown Fertility, the cost for an initial appointment is $250. Once a treatment plan is decided between you and one of our providers, a financial consultation will be scheduled to discuss costs pertaining to your individual treatment plan, medication pricing and financial assistance.
While prescription medications for any infertility treatment cycle is an outside cost paid directly to the pharmacy, we provide the tools and resources needed to apply for discounts. Discounts are determined by the pharmaceutical companies on factors including combined income and can range from 10% – 75% off. Brown Fertility has been able to secure the lowest pricing for medication in the Southeast.
Brown Fertility Standard Protocol (Medication)
The biggest question we are asked is, “What is the cost for IVF?” To get an idea, the average cost of an IVF cycle in major Florida cities is between $10,000 and $16,000. This average does not take into consideration additional costs related to IVF including intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), assisted hatching, freezing and the storage of remaining embryos. At Brown Fertility, our all-inclusive cost for IVF is $8,995.
It’s important to not only take into account the cost of fertility treatment, but also the success rates associated with the center you choose. Brown Fertility is proud to have some of the highest IVF success rates in the country, all while keeping our cost to patients affordable. We encourage everyone who is planning to grow their family to visit our website to check out our latest published success rates.
We have exclusive partnerships with financial lending groups and below are a few options to help lift the financial burden:
- Prosper Healthcare Lending
Prosper is one of the nation’s leading online financing platforms for healthcare which aims to make healthcare affordable via:
- Monthly payment plans
- No transaction fees per funded loan
- No risk process
- Patients can receive pre-approval without affecting credit
- Patients are given the opportunity to review terms and rates before accepting a loan.
- Brown Fertility has partnered with BBVA Compass to make treatment plan even more affordable with low monthly payments via a Signature Express Loan.
- Loan amounts from $2,000 to $100,000
- Fixed rate and monthly payments (up to 72 months)
- No collateral needed, only your signature
- Potential same-day approval and funding
- Fixed APRs as low as 5.99%
- No payoff penalties
We understand navigating through the insurance maze can be stressful and we do not want financials to get in the way of achieving your dreams of having a baby. At Brown Fertility, we are aware that infertility treatment is an emotional and financial investment. We are committed to matching that investment with the highest quality of care to you and your growing family.